Pea soup, a lovely quick and simple soup using frozen green peas and not a lot else. And at 16p a serving, a cheap family recipe. If you are following the weekly planner, you are likely to need more calories at lunchtime, so use one or more of the cakes and bakes to follow the soup
Add a sprig or two of mint if you have any. Some big butter beans would be delicious in this, adding extra protein too
This is from Meal Plan 1, a complete 7 day plan for 2 adults. Containing 3 meals a day, plus snacks , all recipes and a shopping list
- 250 g peas
- 100 ml milk
- 15 g flour
- 20 ml veg oil
- Simmer the peas in 500ml water for about 15 minutes.
- Click here to start a 15 minute timer
- Whizz with a stick blender or in a liquidiser until smooth.
- Make a paste with the flour and oil and stir into the soup.
- Whizz again and simmer very gently for a minute a two to cook off the flour.
- Stir in the milk. Use plant milk and your soup will be vegan
- Season with salt and pepper
Thrifty Lesley has an associated Facebook Group. Do come over and say hello if you haven’t already joined. I’d love to see you
I’m a perpetual dieter, and to help with that endeavour, there is now also a Thrifty Lesley dieting group, a lovely, growing community