Add to Collection
Go to Collections
A gorgeous Chickpea, Mango & Coconut Curry
A couldn't be easier curry!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 480 g chickpeas This is 2 tins, drained. 66p for 2 tins. 250g dried, soaked and cooked, £1.15/500g, 57p
- 100 g onion chopped, £1/kg, 10p
- 200 g mango pulp Kesar £1.70/850g, 40p , or use fresh mango and mash it
- 400 ml coconut milk 50p
- 200 g spinach frozen, £1.25/850g, 30p
- 1 tbslp curry powder 75p/100g, 11p
- 1 tbsp olive oil or any other fat you want to use
I used a general, mild, curry powder from Rajah that was fine.
Sauté the onion in a little oil, add the spices and sizzle them to bring out the flavour. Spices are often oil soluble, not water soluble, so you get the best flavour by cooking them in oil.
Add everything else and simmer gently for a few minutes.
Taste. Add a tsp salt and a tsp pepper. Stir very well and taste again. Does it need more salt, or pepper, or curry spice?
And that's it, job done. Easy wasn't it!
We had ours with a Nan, 4p each, or you could use value rice for 3p or 4p each, or both of course
Calories: 507kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 942mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 5957IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 155mg | Iron: 16mg